Happy Valentine’s Day. While you’re off being romantic today, don’t forget about showing some Twitter love! Here’s some inspiration for all you lovers out there:
– Photo apps: Instagram is all the rage, but it’s not exactly Twitter-friendly… seeing that they’re owned by Facebook! Take a look at some alternatives including: Snapseed and Hipster.
– Get visual: Looking to add some spice to your header image? Take a look at this gallery of creative photos to get some inspiration for your own profile.
– Mind your manners: It’s not polite to spam your followers, constantly ask for new followers or ignore others who communicate with you. Apply the “Golden Rule and Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
– Take it off Twitter: Have you ever thought of embedded Tweets? This is a great way to continue the conversation, cultivate relationships and build credibility. The best part is that you’re directing followers to your website and developing relevant content.
– See the bigger picture: Twitter isn’t just for fun and you should think of it as another element in your overall marketing plan. This also means not just relying on Twitter (or social media for that matter) to grow your business but to use it for its strengths.
Matt Ramage is founder of Emarketed a web marketing agency located in Los Angeles. He loves coffee, good design, and helping businesses improve their look and getting found on the Internet.