The new twitter design layout rolled out for many users at the end of September and has finally arrived for the Emarketed Twitter account!
Some cool new features include:
- Endless scrolling for tweets on the lefthand panel. No need to click “More” to view additional tweets!
- View offsite media – You can now see embedded videos and video directly from the right hand panel. For your convenience, you can see it all without leaving Twitter
- Preview profiles before you follow. Clicking on a user will showcase a mini profile preview on the right hand panel. You can see all their info and quickly scroll for more or exit before you follow.
- And of course, shortcuts for the busy folks:
Some bad things about the new Twitter:
- Too much going on. Going from one panel to two is a big change. It took awhile to get used to, especially because everything is now in one place.
- Doesn’t leave much room for design and branding. The customizable space on the right is significantly reduced.
- Can’t view the time and date of a person’s last tweet without clicking on their profile. It only takes one click to see but I miss this feature when browsing users from a list.
Check out Mashable’s take on the new design and how it it’s based on the Gold Ratio. What do you think? Love it or hate it?
Matt Ramage is founder of Emarketed a web marketing agency located in Los Angeles. He loves coffee, good design, and helping businesses improve their look and getting found on the Internet.