Springtime is the perfect for new beginnings and we’ve started ours with a brand new site! What do you think of the new web design?
If you’re thinking about a new website for your business, here are somethings you SHOULD definitely plan for:
- Interesting and organized – Does your website catch your visitor’s eye? Vivid graphics are a great way to hook them in. Next organization of your content will reel them in and keep them on your site for longer.
- Easy to contact and clear calls to action – Different customers like different things. That’s why it’s important to have immediate online contact, like in a form or live chat, and a local number where they can speak to a live person. For most businesses, the ultimate goal is to have that customer pickup the phone and call, so don’t forget to remind them!
- Helpful and informative – This part probably doesn’t make sense to some. As they see it, why should they “give away” something for free when they could be charging for it? The bigger picture in having helpful resources is that you’re showcasing your expertise in a niche area. This isn’t to say that you should give it ALL away but loosen up. (On that note, are you interested in some social media tips or SEO articles?)
- Get personal – History, testimonials, FAQs? Sometimes, it doesn’t have to be ALL about business as you showcase a little bit more about your company. I’ve seen many sites with neighborhood news, favorite charities, personal interests – all which helps in giving your brand a more human and personable touch.
- The point of inspiration – Amazing graphics, wonderful services and engaging videos! What else does a customer need? After visiting your site, customers should be inspired and really see how they can benefit from your product or service. Even if they don’t make a final decision then and there, the important thing is to plant that thought in their mind and standout!
What other elements do you think should be included in effective website design? Feel free to let us know what you think about our new site. And if you’re interested in a makeover for your own site, take advantage of our FREE site analysis today!
Matt Ramage is founder of Emarketed a web marketing agency located in Los Angeles. He loves coffee, good design, and helping businesses improve their look and getting found on the Internet.